They're a skilled industrial software engineer experienced in full project lifecycle encompassing all aspects of an industrial automation environment. For example, they're capable of authoring documentation such as an FDS or SDS, completing Functional Safety risk assessments and Performance Level Analysis during the beginning phases of a project. They're then capable of designing and programming PLCs, Robotics and industrial vision systems from scratch to FAT specifications.
Why are they a good candidate?
- Multiskilled programmer with working knowledge and experience in all aspects of system design and programming (PLCs, Vision, Robotics etc)
- Able to effectively manage the customer whilst on site, as well as several other employees/contractors tasked with supporting commissioning etc
- Has engaged with different stakeholders at previous company he's worked for and with clients
- Worked on both short- and long-term projects
- Worked across nuclear and automotive industries
3 Greatest professional achievements:
- Deployed onto a project which was on the brink of failure (Customer about to pull out), they then completed the project with a 90%+ machine uptime achieved. Saving the company hundreds of thousands in penalties
- Tasked with a project which was behind schedule due to Covid pressure, completed the project from scratch whilst maintaining customer trust in the business. The project included: A PLC, a HMI, a ABB Robot and a robotic vision system (Camera)
- Completed a waste monitoring R&D project in the nuclear industry, the project was completed in 8 weeks and effected million of pounds in savings whilst decommissioning due to decreased overall timescales
3 most important things about next move:
- Outside IR35
- Short-Mid term (6 months max)
- Remote work preferred (Unless site work required for client’s customer etc)